I’m shocked, is it possible? Really, really possible that I’m already 40?! Most days I don’t believe it. There are days, however that I feel EVERY BIT as old as 40 and then some.
I found this article awhile ago… 40 things every woman should do before she turns 40. In fact, this whole post got put on hold for about a year and a half around the time my father’s health finally began to fail because of the damn cancer, radiation, and chemo. I’ve only -in the last few months- gotten back into a place that I feel like writing again and that includes finishing this post which has been in draft mode all this time. So here goes my list of 40 things to do AFTER turning 40 since clearly I can’t do them BEFORE turning 40. Although I don’t agree with everything on The Frisky list, it is still a good idea to do most of the listed items for the pure sake of experience.
Well, without further ado:
- Go somewhere in Canada ~even if its only Vancouver British Columbia, it’s still Canada!
- Learn how to speak Chinese ~sooner rather than later
- Go to South America ~I think Brazil, specifically
- Finish writing the book I’ve been writing for the last *ahem* 2 yrs *ahem*
- Go to Japan
- Drive a car over 100 mph ~I’ve come close but never quite reached 100, don’t want to get that ticket!
- Go to Greece
- Try my hand at painting
- Go on a Cruise ~even if it has to be a Disney cruise
- Visit All 50 States ~so far I’ve been to 13 of them
- Take a picture at the White House ~inside the Oval Office would be ideal but beggers can’t be choosers
- Sing Karaoke – which ought to be EXTREMELY hysterical & painful for those listening
- Go to the top of the St. Louis Arch
- Go down to Bourbon Street in New Orleans or ~really~ any place in New Orleans
- Take a ride in a hot air balloon
- Go sky diving ~I can’t believe I’m saying this!! OK maybe I’ll do that indoor air flying thing instead
- Go snowmobiling
- Go to the top of Seattle Space Needle
- Travel by train
- Travel by motorcycle
- Go to the rain forest
- Go to Niagara Falls ~maybe make the trip into a 2nd honeymoon! For the cheezy factor.
- Ride on an elephant
- In India
- Go to Russia
- Swim with dolphins
- Go to the Olympics ~preferrably the Summer Olympics
- Walk on the Great Wall of China
- Swim in the Mediterranean
- Go to Mexico
- Visit Amsterdam
- Relearn to speak French ~yeah, relearn. What you don’t use, you lose
- Relearn to speak German ~ditto!
- Stay in a real log cabin in Yosemite or Yellowstone or some such place
- VENICE!! I want to go to Venice
- Try surfing again ~whenever we make it back to Maui
- Act in a play
- Stay at an Inn somewhere in Vermont
- Go to Ireland
- Finish my ancestry chart!
Thanks for listening (or reading, if you must be technical),