Tuesday Toot #4

On this past Sunday I had to do an 18 mile training walk for the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer 3Day walk (feel free ~no pressure~ to make a donation while you’re there) in which I am participating here in San Francisco on Sept. 5-7, 2008, which in itself is an accomplishment, let me tell you!  But that isn’t what I wanted to toot about now… no, it was AFTER the walk, when I got home.  You see, the husband had taken the gremlins to his folks house for the day.  SO!  I had the house all to myself!  I was positively giddy with excitement at the prospect of a quiet house.  No screaching, no arguing, no whining, no three t.v.’s on in three different rooms!  Just the sounds of birds chirping away and MY music playing from MY ipod.  Aaahhhhhhhhhh.

I decided that I would clean up the house, finish the laundry -in various stages of completion as usual, and do the dishes.  Plus, all the sheets on all the beds needed, desperately needed, to be changed.

After cooling down & stretching from my 18 mile walk, I showered (cause really I was all gross from walking 18 miles in 90 degree weather, covered in a crystalized coating of my own sweat.  Nice huh?), ate some lunch, and begin the clean-up routine.

I started in the living room by picking up all loose papers, markers, etc., put all toys in appropriate bedrooms, and moved all used dishes to the sink.  Then I cleaned the kitchen by putting all clean dishes away & filled the dishwasher up again with dishes that were piled in the sink.  That’s been a bad habit for me lately… just leaving the dishes in the sink.  But, I just spent the last year ~yeah a year~ with our house for sale where I had to have everything spotless all the time, I kind of feel like I deserve a break.

Moving right along, I folded & partially put away Honey Bunny’s laundry.  I say ‘partially’ because I’ve been making her help with this a bit more, she is 8 yrs old and fully capable of doing this task.  Changed out her bed sheets then moved on to Pumpkin’s laundry & bed sheets.

Pretty much got all the items done by the time the family came home.  Sadly, I did not get to take a nap.

Thanks for listening (or reading, if you must be technical),



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s